Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Biggest Loser


I freely admit to being a reality show junkie.  Give me a good episode of Dog: The Bounty Hunter or 19 Kids and Counting anyday!  But one show I have never watched religiously is The Biggest Loser.  Since I'm serious this time about losing the weight, I decided to tune in and watch this season. 

Last night I sat down to watch and quickly realized this is not just about losing weight.  It's strategy and game playing and making alliances ala Survivor.  And I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I did find myself rooting for certain people during the challenges and I guess that means I am forming an attachment to them.  I am interested to tune in next week and see how they are progressing.  But I guess I was looking for a bit more from the show.

They talked alot about "passing it forward" once you leave the show but does the show pass what they have to teach on to us?  I don't have a personal trainer at home but I would love to know what their workout schedule consists of.  I would love to know how many calories, what type of foods, and maybe some recipes of their meals.  (Besides the obvious "commercials" for certain foods they introduce the people to ie: Tina and the blender drink).

Does the show ever do this?  Do I need to give it more time? 

What are your opinions of The Biggest Loser?


2 comments:

  1. From what I've heard and I may be completely wrong on this they eat a very low calorie diet and exercise like 5 or 6 hours a day. You can probably find out alittle about their diets and exercise online but mostly I think you have to buy the books and videos to really find out anything. Yes they lose weight on that show and they lose it very quickly but their eating and exercising routines aren't something you could continue to do for the rest of your life from what I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the show but know that they are the extreme in dieting/exercising. What I like about the show is the personal parts of it - when they get the contestants to break down and have the "aha" moment... sometimes it makes me think alittle harder about myself. I like the exercise ideas I get from the show too.

    This week I got the Biggest Loser Fitness program book from the library and have started doing it 3x a week... it is a GREAT workout! I cant wait to see if there is a big difference!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete